The Planning Department is responsible for implementing City policies that direct the physical development of the City through advanced and current planning functions.
Planning Department services include:
- Assisting the City Manager, City Council, Planning Commission, and the Community With Creating Guiding Policies That Shape the Future of Development in Portola;
- Preparing Amendments to the General Plan, Specific Plans, and Zoning Ordinance;
- Coordinating With Local, Regional and State Agencies;
- Reviewing Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Development Projects to Ensure Compliance With City Policies;
- Providing Support/enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.
For Information relating to GIS data including parcel and zoning, please check out our Area Maps and GIS Data page.