Skip to main content

Business Licenses

The City of Portola requires that any person or entity engaged in business inside the City limits have a valid City issued business license.  Businesses from outside the City but earning income from doing business inside the City are also required to have a valid business license.

Anyone running a business from their home or in a residential district is required to obtain a Home Occupation Permit.

Please find the application, fee schedules and online payments below.

To submit your application, please fill out the form below. If you need further information, please contact Portola City Hall.

For specific information on State of California tax programs please visit 

For general assistance on business permits, please visit

    Join our mailing list